Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Wednesday, 06 April 2022
  4 Replies
  5.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
I can't seem to utilize this feature correctly:

Kutools > Select > Select Special Cells
(1) In the Selection type section, check Cell option;
(2) In the Specific type section, click the first box and select Contains from drop down list, and then type the specified text (in our case type sum) into the following box;
(3) Click the Ok button. Then the second Select Specific Cells comes out to show how many cells are selected. Click the OK button to close it.
(4) Now cells containing specific value/text are selected. Press Ctrl + C keys to copy them; select the cell that you will paste the cells to, and press the Ctrl + V keys.

Affer the 2nd OK, system confirms 28 cells were selected, but when I hit Ctrl + C, I get an error "This action won't work on multiple selections". I also tried Copy Multiple Ranges after selection of the 28 cells is applied... get a similar error. Just on the trial version to see if this improves my productivity working with massive spreadsheets, and this was the feature "select all cells containing specific text, then copy all of those selected cells to new cells. I was planning to simply "remove duplicates" after the operation was performed, which would eliminate blank cells in the pasted data schema. First time user of Kutools, and it's your well deserved day off so looking forward to solving this and exploring all of the other features of kutools. P.S. - the sheet I'm testing on is a range of A-BB columns and around 3,000 rows, so it's a fairly large amount of data. To be clear, I just need to find all cells containing specific text and paste them somewhere (even a single column would work, for example, CSV format, just need to parse out all cells containing certain text. Hope that last bit helps...

Source: https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/2517-excel-if-column-contains-value-text-then-copy-cell.html
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi ,

Sorry thet the error "This action won't work on multiple selections" happens when you hit Ctrl + C to copy multiple ranges in Excel. However, with the Copy Multiple Ranges feature, you can copy multiple ranges and paste to anywhere in Excel, which I just tested.

So, if there is any wrong with the Copy Multiple Ranges feature, could you please send me the information about your operating system, Excel version and the language you are using on your computer.

Amanda
Votes
Undo
The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here https://www.extendoffice.com/forum/5-kutools-for-excel/2599-copy-goslotocells-if-column-contains-specific-value-text-with-kutools-for-excel.html
is this a joke? i spent time asking the question and just got autorespnder-esque replies. Going out of business or smth?
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi ,

You said you could not copy when you "tried Copy Multiple Ranges after selection of the 28 cells is applied". So, I tried the feature, and it turned out just fine.
This is why I asked for the information about your operating system, Excel version and the language you are using on your computer, to see if there is a compatibility problem.

If we can work on it and solve the problem, then you can "find all cells containing specific text and paste them somewhere".

Amanda
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.