Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Friday, 14 October 2022
  12 Replies
  5.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

I have set some rules up to auto-detach certain attachments from specific senders, however I've having issues with them processing.

Sometimes they detach, other times they are ignored?

It's vital for our invoice processing software that these attachments are dettached correctly.

Please could you advise what I can do to ensure that these rules aren't ignored?

Kind regards,
Berian
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi B,

That's because Kutools will scan your messages in about 10s on starup or a new message received. But the scanning will be interrupted if there are any actions made in Outlook, which will cause miss-detaching some of your messages' attachments.

And this is the reason I recommend you to try to wait for about 10s on startup or when a new message received. Hope this helps you understand.

And we are now working on the feature so that Kutools can scan messages much quicker. We will try our best to release the updated version of this feature when we launch the next Kutools version.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
A bit baffled by this response.

The fact the rules aren’t being applied occurs at random, two emails with the same criteria, one gets detached, the other does not. Not always the same rules occurs on different rules too.

I don’t really know what waiting 10s on startup is supposed to achieve.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi B,

According to one of our developer, could you please try to wait 10s after you open Outlook without any operation (no clicking, no scrolling, just leave it there)?

And see if this works.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Amanda,

Still experiencing the issue where certain emails aren't having the attachments detached, but other emails with the same criteria are.

Any news on this?

Kind regards,
B
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi B,

For the current version of Kutools for Outlook, you will have to use a full email address to have the rule effective.

And I've forwarded the feedback to our development team. We will see if we need to include partial email addresses in rules for future versions.
Thanks for your feedback.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks Amanda,

Been using this for the last week and it there seems to be an improvement. The emails that aren't now being detached are no longer random!

I've tried looking at the product pages and can't seem to find an answer, but I think the issue I'm having now is that for certain rules I only have included From @domain.com - can we enter partial email addresses here or does it need to be a full email?

Kind regards,
B
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Blowe,

Please try the beta version below: https://download.extendoffice.com/downloads/Kutools-for-Outlook/Beta/OutlookKutoolsSetup.exe

If there is any problem, please tell me.

About exporting/importing your Kutools Auto-Detach rules - Sorry that you cannot do it. We will consider add the feature in future versions if there are more requests for exporting/importing rules.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Amanda,

Also, is there a way I can export/import my Kutools Auto-Detach rules without having to enter them again on another PC?

Kind regards,

B
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Amanda,

Any chance I could have an update on this as I'm still experiencing this issue.

Kind regards,

B
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

Thanks for the information. I've already forwarded this to our development team.
Once they have a solution, I will send that to you. Please wait patiently. :)

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Amanda,

Versions:
Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2209 Build 16.0.15629.20196) 32-bit
Kutools for Outlook 16.00

An example of the rules not apply correctly can be seen in the screenshot.

Emails were received this morning, one email had the attachments detached, the other didn't - same rules apply for both emails.

Just feels a bit hit or miss when it comes to the rules working or not and I can't see a pattern as to why they aren't detaching.

Kind regards,

B
Attachments (1)
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

Could you please tell me what Kutools and Outlook version are you using? And what is the language you use in your computer?
The rules work in the order they are in the rule list. So, please, check the order of the rules, or attach a screenshot of the rules you set up to us.

Amanda
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.